I can’t stop thinking about that gorgeous Donghia Suzani print that Rita St. Clair used in the Family Room at the WDC. In my opinion, this is a trend is not going away anytime soon. I think it’s a great fabric to put in my guest bedroom (when I can acquire the funds to redo it.)
(also siuzane), an embroidered decorative panel of white, more rarely, colored, cotton fabric or silk, widely used for interior decoration by the peoples of Tadzhikistan and Uzbekistan. Characteristic designs for a suzani are rosettes, floral motifs, birds, and ancient magical symbols.
The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979).
I love, love, love the bold colors and abstract designs in these prints. Are any of you with me? If you choose to Go Suzani this fall, here are the pillows that made it onto Kiki’s List:
1. Suzani Jacquard Pillow– $295 ***KIKI’S LIST FAVORITE
2. Uzbek Cushion Cover– $69.50
3. Abstract Suzani- $72.80 ON SALE
4. Natori Suzani Bolster Pillow– $149.99 ***KIKI’S LIST FAVORITE
5. Mandarin Spice Suzani Pillow– $75 ***KIKI’S LIST FAVORITE
6. Ohara Suzani Pillow– $413 ***KIKI’S LIST FAVORITE
7. Mayan Embroidered Cushions– $52
8. Suzani Pillow Cover– $50 ***KIKI’S LIST FAVORITE
9. Gold Suzani Pillow– $195 ***KIKI’S LIST FAVORITE
10. Vintage Suzani Pillow– $350
11. Suzani Sun– $250
12. Folkloric Suzani Pillow– $132